Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Book Review...Crossing Oceans

Crossing Oceans

I downloaded this book from Amazon, almost completely because I liked the cover.  I know, you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but it's a method that's almost never failed me.  Without knowing what it was even about, I started reading it.  It is about a single mother of a 5-year old who finds out she is dying of cancer. 

The book chronicles her experiences during the last few months of her life, and in dealing with the fact that she won't see her daughter grow up.  There are a few other storylines that contribute to her experiences, but that is the one I identified with the most - probably because I have a 5-year old that I can't imagine leaving.  But it's a story about faith, and gaining peace, and finding forgiveness.  Those are all elements that I loved.  When I finished reading it, my pillow was wet with tears...I cried for her.  After I pulled myself together, I snuck into each of my kids rooms and laid next to them for a few minutes, just overwhelmed with love for them and gratitude for all of the blessings that I have and continue to receive.

It's a great easy read, and one that will get you thinking...and that, I think, is the best part of this book.

No comments: